Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On Blogging Salinger for the Summer

I am a ferocious non-writing-in-books kind of girl, so I figured this might be the ideal way for me to notate and narrate thoughts as I read Salinger for the summer in preparation for my ENGL 624 class, Text and Context: J. D. Salinger.

I am not a Salinger fan, but in truth my only exposure has been "The Catcher in the Rye," which I really didn't like.

I am starting out fresh, I'll even succomb to the evils of "Catcher" again, since I really want to make a go of it this fall. I haven't been as motivated about literature over the past year as I need to be and its reflected in my classroom performance. But the truth is, I haven't been excited about much lately. If this semester I don't manage some excitement, even over an author I don't like, this is the end of my graduate study in English. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment